Porterhouse restaurant closes its doors at Thainstone
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Subscribe to a digital package and support local news publishing.
ANM's current strategy is to improve the throughput of The Gallery restaurant in the main building's cocourse, driven in part by the weekly live sales at the mart.
In a statement ANM said: "It is with regret that our award-winning restaurant Porterhouse has now closed.
"Since the pandemic, the Restaurant has continued to experience challenging trading conditions consistent with those faced by the entire events and hospitality industry across the country.
"Despite the closure of Porterhouse, we are committed to continuing the catering provision with a locally based partner, which will serve the Gallery Restaurant, Exchange Venue, and external events.
"Our priority, as ever, is the best interests of our shareholders and members.
"To all customers and friends of Porterhouse, we are sincerely grateful for your support over the years."
For anyone in possession of a Porterhouse voucher, information regarding refunds will be available shortly."
It subsequently added: "For anyone in possession of a current Porterhouse voucher, looking for a refund in light of the recent closure of the restaurant, we would ask that you follow the below steps -
- Post or deliver your physical voucher to Thainstone Events, Thainstone Centre, Inverurie, AB51 5XZ by no later than 30th June 2024
- Please ensure that your name, address and contact details (phone no. and e-mail address) are included.
- Once the voucher has been verified, a member of the team will make contact to obtain bank details to issue the refund.
- We aim to provide refunds within 14 days of receipt of a valid voucher.
- Please note that for any vouchers purchased during the Black Friday sale, the amount refunded will be for the purchase price not the voucher value."