Live Life Aberdeenshire Summer Reading Challenge returns in a new format
Contribute to support quality local journalism
Live Life Aberdeenshire Summer Reading Challenge is completely different this year as it isn’t just about reading!
The challenge is fully accessible online for all to enjoy in the comfort of their home, garden or local area, all you must do is register.
By simply signing up online Live Life will take you on a journey filled with fun, fantasy and action-packed activities for children and families of all ages and interests.
It will not only encourage access to the digital library and read, listen and share books, it will also provide exciting sport, physical, arts, craft, outdoor challenges linked to themes such as fantasy island, big read picnic and so much more.
The Challenge will start on Monday, June 22 and will run until Saturday August 22.
Taking up the Challenge!
• Child or Family member taking part will download a passport from the Live Life Aberdeenshire website - https://www.livelifeaberdeenshire.org.uk/live-life-at-home/
• Organisers ask that they register to take part via our online sign-up form.
• For 0 to 11-year olds, they have their own online passport and are encouraging family members to take part with them and submit an entry individually and/or as a family.
• For 12 years and above, they can take part with their own passport and access a variety of digital services as a member of the library.
• The online interactive passport will have circles to keep track of the books they have read and challenges/activities they have completed.
• The completed passport will then be entered into a draw to win signed books by various authors and many more exciting prizes.
This would be uploaded to an email outlined on the website or send to Libraries HQ, address below.
• Printed copies of passports, along with a selection of books will also be available via our click and collect service coming soon.
• Participants are invited to create a picture postcard of an activity they enjoy doing at home or in their local area and we ask them to include a rainbow in your design.
This could be a rainbow path if you are on a walk, a rainbow ball whilst playing football or any other sport, riding a rainbow bike, reading a rainbow book and so on.
• This is open to all children whether they are taking part in the challenge or not.
• To submit your entry please send to the following address:
Live Life Aberdeenshire
Aberdeenshire Libraries HQ
Meldrum Meg Way
The Meadows Industrial Estate
Four winners will be selected, one from each age group - Pre-School, P1 to P4, P5 to P7 and S1+, who will then receive a prize.
The winning postcards will be made available on our website to view and download.
This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you. BECOME A SUPPORTER
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.
In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.