Ellon Park & Ride will see works finally commence in June
Get the Grampian Online newspaper titles sent to your inbox every week and swipe through an exact replica of the day's newspaper
Long delayed work to upgrade Ellon Park & Ride facilities is set to get underway.
Councillor Gillian Owen who has been monitoring the situation commented: “In response to my latest request on the progress of Phase 2 of the Park & Ride Improvements I am delighted to be able to say that I have received the following response from an Officer.
"By way of an update, indicative timeline/progress is as follows:
• Pre-Start meeting held on May 4.
• Contractor currently carrying out utility survey work
• Contractor site mobilisation to commences June 7.
• Anticipating commencement of construction from June 28.
• Temporary busway in car park anticipated completion early October allowing for existing turning circle to be closed to enable the new bus road to be constructed
• Anticipated project completion date is February 2022
"With regard to the waiting room facility, we are planning on reopening with Covid restrictions applied late June/early July.
"This is subject to the satisfactory completion of preparatory works, health and safety and risk assessments which are being carried out during the course of the next four weeks.’
"I’m sure all bus users will be as pleased as I am to see the conclusion of this project.”
She concluded “This project has had its fair share of issues to overcome, from establishing who owned the land, to a water mains survey that indicated the mains went across the area of the development.
"Now we seem to be approaching the end game.
"So hopefully we shall see progress very soon, but I will continue to monitor what is happening as I have done since 2012.”