Fly-tipping in Keith lay-by
Contribute to support quality local journalism
This was the scene earlier this afternoon in the lay-by heading out east towards Huntly.
Anyone caught fly-tipping in Scotland can be subject to a fixed penalty of up to £200.
If you discover dumped waste report it to Moray Council here.
On its website the local authority advises that:
If you discover fly tipped waste
- touch the waste - it may contain syringes, broken glass, asbestos, toxic chemicals or other hazardous substances.
- disturb the site; there may be evidence that could help identify the fly tippers and lead to their prosecution.
- visually try to work out what the waste consists of and how much there is.
- make a note of the day, date and time you saw the tipping, its exact location and whether it is in or near water.
If you see someone fly tipping
Make a note of:
- how many people are involved and what they look like.
- what has been tipped - how much and what it looks like.
- details of any vehicles involved including make, colour and registration number if possible.
Read more news from Keith here
This website is powered by the generosity of readers like you. BECOME A SUPPORTER
Please donate what you can afford to help us keep our communities informed.
In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.