Ellon Round Table donate £12,500 to north east groups with reverse advent calendar
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Have a look at our digital subscription packages!
Local charities have benefitted to the tune of £12,500 this month after Ellon Round Table hosted a charity advent calendar.
Each day the group - which is open to men aged 18-45 - donated £500 to a local cause.
The groups who benefited from donations were:
- Ellon Foodbank
- Catalyst Vineyard Church (Ellon)'s Community Storehouse Foodbank
- Ellon Parish Church's Basics Barn
- Ellon Community Resilience Group
- The ARCHIE Foundation
- Charlie House
- Haddo House and Country Park storm damage fund
- Auchterellon Under 5s
- Ellon Scouts
- Ellon Men's Shed
- Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Staff Garden
- Brain Injury Grampian (BIG Group)
- Ellon Playpark Improvement Committee (EPIC)
- Friends Of ANCHOR
- Ellon Boys' Brigade
- Girlguiding Ellon
- Mental Health Aberdeen
- Rainbow Rogues
- Gordon Park ELCC
- NEW ARC
- Balmedie Beach Wheelchairs
- Horse Back UK
- Round Table Children's Wish
In addition to their advent calendar, the group also supported Santa Claus on his annual visit to the streets of Ellon, where he collected toys to donate towards the Cash For Kids' Mission Christmas appeal in Aberdeen.
As a thank you to volunteers from Ythan Amateur Swimming Club, Ellon Netball Club, The Middleton Trust, Ellon Parish, Reach, Rainbow Rogues, Auchterellon Uner 5s, Ellon Castle Gardens and Ellon Meadows FC the group donated a portion of £1950 to each of their groups.