Bailies Of Bennachie enjoy Christmas quiz
Get the Grampian Group sent to your inbox every week and swipe through an exact replica of the day's newspaper
The trustees of conservation charity Bailies Of Bennachie were scratching their heads during their festive quiz which was held over Zoom.
Those taking part were really put to the test with questions including the distance in road around the Bennachie range, what was in the dykes around Esson's croft and how many times you would need to climb Oxen Craig to reach the height of Everest.
The Bailies' outreach officer Fiona Cormack said: “The collective knowledge about Bennachie among the trustees is phenomenal and this was demonstrated with fiendishly tricky questions in this quiz.
"Some of the answers could be found on the Bailies of Bennachie website and in Jock O Bennahie’s fun and learning resources but there was no cheating on the night.
"The winner was Senior Bailie, Jackie Cumberbirch with 18 points.”
If you fancy testing your local knowledge, why not see how you get on with this mini quiz...
- What is the connection between Bennachie and the Dalai Lama?
- Who sang the song The Back O Bennachie?
- Which animals brought Jock O Bennachie the buttons for his winter coat and what were they?
- What was the name of Patrice’s hairdressing salon at Bennachie?
- The Dalai Lama is the name of mountain bike trail on Bennachie.
- The Old Blind Dogs sang the song.
- The deer brought Jock conkers for buttons for his new coat.
- Former Northsound presenter, Patrice, had a hairdressers called Curl Up and Dye near the Back of Bennachie.